Sunday, October 3, 2010

ANNE HENDERSON HEALED IN MEDJUGORJE - DECEMBER 9, 1995

Healed in Medjugorje---
Seven weeks before we left, I knew I was going to Medjugorje so I started praying for a spiritual healing. I prayed to be made an empty vessel, cleansed of all my earthly attachments, to be filled with the love of Jesus and Mary, so I'd be able to know how to love and serve them first in my life. I also prayed for a physical healing, to be able to stand straight.
Since I was a young girl, I was very round-shouldered and I've worn a back brace since high school. It has given me a lot of pain on both sides of my neck and I still didn't stand straight. With age, I became more stooped, although I still wore some sort of back support.
I went to the doctor about two years ago, at the age of 50, to see if there was anything that could be done to make me stand straight. He said I was too old and my bones too set. I should just try to stand straight on my own.
I received a physical healing on December 9, 1995, in St. James Church in Medjugorje, at the 6:00 p.m. Mass. It started at the back of my neck and went down to the tip of my spine. The only way I can describe it is it was like a chair with kinks, or links, in it. The healing went from one link to the other, being straightened out. Then I felt a real firm jolt on one side of my back, then on the other. After that, my whole body was in alignment. I felt no more pain and now I can stand perfectly straight.
At first, I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew I felt different. We were at the end of our pilgrimage and I thought maybe I was just overwhelmed and imagining things. So I didn't say anything that night. When I went to bed, however, and laid flat on my back, my whole back was touching the mattress. I just started praying and praising Jesus and Mary. I didn't sleep all night. When I got dressed in the morning, my clothes felt different on my body. So I asked my roommate, "Do I look different?" I kept saying, "I feel different." I pointed out all the areas that felt different and she wasn't sure at first. She kept running her hand over my shoulder blades and she said, "You're not round-shouldered anymore; these are your shoulder blades." We praised Jesus and Mary and said the Joyful Mysteries of the rosary in thanksgiving.
- Ann Henderson, LaGrange, Maine  -- 
MEDJUGORJE MAGAZINE -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment