Thursday, June 2, 2016

Stacey Dash stuns–reveals the 3 words God told her at an abortion clinic that saved her baby

Stacey Dash stuns–reveals the 3 words God told her at an abortion clinic that saved her baby

Things weren’t all roses and lollipops for conservative Fox News contributor and actress Stacey Dash . In fact her early life was marked by hardship and pain.
But she determined to work her way out of it after a conversation with the person you go to when all else fails — God.

Stacey Dash on abuse, addiction and her near abortion: "I'm not a victim, I've survived"

“Sometimes my past is extraordinarily heavy,” Dash, 49, told People magazine in an exclusive interview. “That’s when I scream and cry until I feel like I can breathe again.”
She was molested by a 16-year-old family acquaintance when she was only four and living in the south Bronx, New York. When she herself turned 16 she fell into an all-consuming cocaine addiction.
“I couldn’t find happiness,” says Dash. “It got to a point where I didn’t even want to live anymore. The voice in my head was saying, ‘There’s nothing here for you.'”
She continued doing drugs into her 20s, and eventually fell into a relationship with musician Christopher Williams, and was in a clinic about to have an abortion when she turned to God.
“When I got pregnant, I was doing a lot of drugs and I didn’t want to live. I wanted to die,” she told People.
“I was going to have an abortion. I was crying and I said to God, ‘Please tell me what to do.’ And God told me, ‘Keep your son.’ I ripped the IV out of my arm and I said, ‘I’m keeping my son.'”
Her son Austin is now 25 — she also has a daughter Lola who is 12.
“The best way to protect my children is to be honest with them,” Dash said. “I let them know that I survived. I’m not a victim. And there is nothing they can’t overcome.”
Growing up in an environment of drugs and violence led to her conservative views today on social welfare programs.
“When you get stuff for free, you have no self-worth. When you have no self-worth, you become depressed, addicted and either abused or an abuser. This is what perpetuates the cycle of violence in inner cities. We don’t need free stuff. We need opportunities.”
And that thinking extends to other areas as well.
“When I say there should not be a BET channel or a Black History Month, I’m saying we deserve more,” Dash insisted. “I just hope people understand that I’m not judging; I’m coming from experience.”


No comments:

Post a Comment