Sister Mary Rose Reddy, DMML: Recently former New Hampshire Congressman Charles Bass warned fellow Republicans that they risk being “on the wrong side of history” if they continue to support the federal Defense of Marriage Act. There are at least six reasons why it is actually Charles Bass and the proponents of gay “marriage” who will actually end up being “on the wrong side of history:”
- In more than 4000 years of recorded history no society up to the present has ever considered that two men or two women could marry.
- No matter what the U.S. Supreme Court or any court rules, it will remain a biological fact that sexual intercourse is possible only between a male and a female.
- There is no natural means for two people of the same sex to propagate future generations.
- The necessary complementarity of the sexes extends beyond the physical and includes the psychological and spiritual.
- At some point the society will again become rational since we are rational beings. (Consider for example that in today’s irrational society a woman might feel sorry if she accidentally killed a squirrel, and yet see nothing wrong with killing an unborn child).
- Love is intolerant of falsehood because it is eternal. People who advocate for gay “marriage” are showing a mistaken form of love because they are not showing concern for the persons’ immortal fulfillment as masculine or feminine persons.
"No one in the world can change Truth. What we can do and and should do is to seek truth and to serve it when we have found it. The real conflict is the inner conflict. Beyond armies of occupation and the hetacombs of extermination camps, there are two irreconcilable enemies in the depth of every soul: good and evil, sin and love. And what use are the victories on the battlefield if we are ourselves are defeated in our innermost personal selves?" -St. Maximilian Kolbe